- We are serving 11,000 breakfasts and lunches to DC youth each week at five DC Public Schools and nine emergency mobile feeding locations across Washington, DC.
- We are increasing meal deliveries to local shelters and front-line nonprofits by more than 1,000 meals per day, working collaboratively with African American and Latinx communities bearing disproportionate health and economic burdens due to COVID-19.
- We are distributing thousands of bags of fresh, local produce at 20 high-need locations each week, thanks in part to expanded storage, refrigeration, and logistics support from Occasions Caterers.
- We are delivering deeply discounted fresh produce to corner stores in neighborhoods without grocery stores through our Healthy Corners program.
- We are supporting grassroots mutual aid networks of neighbors helping neighbors with thousands of free meals and produce bags each week.
- We are providing meals to first responders and healthcare workers at DC area hospitals as part of Monumental Sports & Entertainment’s “Feeding the Frontlines” campaign.
How you can help
- Donate. As always, a financial donation to DC Central Kitchen is the single best way to help us keep our operations running today and in the coming days. Make a donation today.
- Elevate. Help spread the word about how DCCK and other local organizations are responding to this crisis, including the time and location of feeding sites and specific needs for resources and supplies.
- Support the restaurant industry. Our restaurant partnerships are integral to our work. Get ideas for how you can support the restaurant community.
Where to learn more
- For the latest list of meal sites and food resources, visit coronavirus.dc.gov/food
For citywide updates and resources from DC Government, visit coronavirus.DC.gov
- For more info on emergency food access, visit DC Food Project’s Food Access resource
Thank you to the organizations and individuals who have stepped up to support our COVID-19 efforts.