- We are serving nutritious meals to children at nine DC schools, ensuring that free school meals are still available during distance learning.
- We are increasing meal deliveries to local shelters, senior citizens, and front-line nonprofits by more than 1,000 meals per day, working collaboratively with Black and Latinx communities bearing disproportionate health and economic burdens due to COVID-19.
- We are distributing 5,000 bags of fresh, local produce each week at schools and partners nonprofits.
- We are delivering deeply discounted fresh produce to corner stores in neighborhoods without grocery stores through our Healthy Corners program.
- We are supporting grassroots mutual aid networks of neighbors helping neighbors with thousands of free meals and produce bags each week.
How you can help
- Donate. As always, a financial donation to DC Central Kitchen is the single best way to help us keep our operations running today and in the coming days. Make a donation today.
- Elevate. Help spread the word about how DCCK and other local organizations are responding to this crisis, including the time and location of feeding sites and specific needs for resources and supplies.
- Support the restaurant industry. Our restaurant partnerships are integral to our work. Get ideas for how you can support the restaurant community.
Where to learn more
- For the latest list of meal sites and food resources, visit coronavirus.dc.gov/food
For citywide updates and resources from DC Government, visit coronavirus.DC.gov
- For more info on emergency food access, visit DC Food Project’s Food Access resource
Thank you to the organizations and individuals who have stepped up to support our COVID-19 efforts.