Chef Amy Brandwein of Centrolina Wins DCCK’s Capital Food Fight

DC Central Kitchen's Capital Food Fight

Amy Brandwein, executive chef and owner of Centrolina, took home the top honor last night at our signature fundraising event, the Capital Food Fight. Chefs Amy Brandwein, Harper McClure (BRABO), Nick Stefanelli (Masseria) and K.N. Vinod (Indique) created dishes judged by some of the biggest names in the culinary world:  Anne Burrell (Food Network’s “Secrets of a Restaurant Chef”), Richard Sandoval (Chef/Owner, Richard Sandoval Restaurants), and Spike Mendelsohn (Bravo’s “Top Chef” and Restaurateur). Event founder José Andrés (Chef/Owner, ThinkFoodGroup) and Carla Hall (ABC’s “The Chew”) co-hosted our annual event.

Presented by Tyson, Capital Food Fight brought together over 1,200 guests, 75 tasting restaurants, as well as cocktail mixologists and live on-stage entertainment. Battling chefs were asked to create dishes using secret ingredients ranging from an entire pig, presented by Tyson, to brown sugar & mustard ham glaze, presented by Whole Foods.  Chef Amy Brandwein won the final battle over Chef K.N. Vinod for her use of pig shoulder in the final battle.

Duff Goldman (Food Network’s “Ace of Cakes”) hosted the High Stakes Cakes competition where Pastry Chef Erin Schwartz (Founder, Stacked) won the top prize for her cake design representing the power of volunteerism.

This event raised over $550,000 to support our culinary training and anti-hunger programs. We earn 60 percent of our $13 million annual budget through social enterprise, while the remaining 40 percent is secured through charitable fundraising like the Capital Food Fight.

For a full listing of all Capital Food Fight tasting restaurants, competitors, hosts and judges, please visit